What's your idea?

German Translation

Hi! First of all, great app! Thanks alot! So, do you plan a german translation?

Best regards
TeeJey

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TeeJey shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fabian commented  · 

Would be glad to help !

• heldausberlin commented  · 

I would like to help with German localization as well!
        Feel free to contact me.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I could help translating your App, too! I am german and i love your tool!

• AdminWilliam Gustafson (Developer, Instinctual Flaw) commented  · 

Hi Guest,

Thanks for offering to help with the translations! That's great! I need to look into what needs to be done to get this started. The user interface part I think I understand. Using localized strings in my code is a different story though, and I'm not sure how much work this will be. Please feel free to use the "Contact Support" link to the right and drop me your email so I can get back to you once I've figure these things out.

Best,
        Will

• Guest commented  · 

I can help with German and Dutch translations, I know my way around Xcode, .nib and .string files. Can I contact you via email or do you have a public repository?

• AdminWilliam Gustafson (Developer, Instinctual Flaw) commented  · 

Hi TeeJey,

Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad you find Amphetamine useful. I would gladly translate Amphetamine into German, or any other language for that matter, but I unfortunately only speak English. Since Amphetamine is free, I don't have any income to spend on hiring a translator, and tools like Google Translate are notorious for producing inaccurate (though sometimes hilarious) translations.

If someone you know would be willing to do the translation, I can of course provide all of the text to be translated. :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base