What's your idea?

I'll be great to be able to add an Amphetamine shortcut to the TouchBar in MacBook Pro

Amphetamine should have the ability to add an icon to the Touch Bar in MacBook Pro for easy access

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Guillermo Toro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminWilliam Gustafson (Developer, Instinctual Flaw) responded  · 

Hi,

There isn’t a really good solution for implementing this. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to add a permanent TouchBar button to turn Amphetamine on/off, but Apple won’t allow this. Only system functions can go on the control strip, and the other part of the TouchBar is context aware. Meaning, Amphetamine has to be the active application for its TouchBar interface to appear. If this is the case, seems a hot key might be just as good (which Amphetamine supports).

Best Regards,

William Gustafson
    Amphetamine Creator

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminWilliam Gustafson (Developer, Instinctual Flaw) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There isn’t a really good solution for implementing this. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to add a permanent TouchBar button to turn Amphetamine on/off, but Apple won’t allow this. Only system functions can go on the control strip, and the other part of the TouchBar is context aware. Meaning, Amphetamine has to be the active application for its TouchBar interface to appear. If this is the case, seems a hot key might be just as good (which Amphetamine supports).

--
        William Gustafson
        Amphetamine Creator

Feedback and Knowledge Base