What's your idea?

Amphetamine - HTTP request trigger

Would be great if I could set a URL that the app would poll every X seconds and based on the HTTP response from that URL it would activate/deactivate the session. The response could be as simple as "true" or "false".

I have a home office where I have several computers (mostly Macs, but Win & Linux also) and currently 8 monitors. I would like to save energy when not in the room by making all the monitors go into stand by mode. If this kind of functionality was enabled, I could have a physical switch that I switch on when I enter the room and switch off when I leave the room. This switch could be connected to my home server, which would be responsible for answering the HTTP requests of all Amphetamine's on my Macs with the appropriate status.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kalle Rainio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminWilliam Gustafson (Developer, Instinctual Flaw) responded  · 

Hi,

This sounds like a really neat idea! Unfortunately, it also seems like a bit of an edge case. I’m hesitant to add a Trigger for everything under the sun. Could you accomplish this with AppleScript? Amphetamine is scriptable, you know… ;)

Best Regards,

William Gustafson
    Amphetamine Creator

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon