What's your idea?

Release a website version of the app and add closed lid function

Hey,
U understand that in the Mac App Store version it is not possible for Amphetamine to keep MacBooks awake, while the lid is closed. So why not releasing a version of Amphetamine on your website to "fix" this inconvenience of not having this possibility. There is an app "InsomniaX" which is really great at doing exactly that but unfortunately it has not the other great features Amphetamine offers, and the app is no longer developed.

90 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • anonymousanonymous commented  · 

What would be great about this is if (along with the closed lid support), there would be a setting to keep it from sleeping for as long as a time machine backup is running.

Time Machine has a problem where if the machine goes to sleep in the middle of a backup, there's a greater chance of your entire backup archive being corrupted, needing to restart from scratch.

• FedericoFederico commented  · 

I echo what others have said. It'd be a great addition.
        Please do consider it.

• FabianFabian commented  · 

Hey William, there is a GitHub project called InsomniaX https://github.com/semaja2/InsomniaX. Maybe you could use code from it as it is able to keep the macbook wake even when the lid is closed and no power cable attached. The project unfortunately is no longer maintained by its original developer.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Not wanting to add an Apple ID to my Mac. Please release a website version of this application!

• Daniel I. SchwartzDaniel I. Schwartz commented  · 

Adding my voice because this is a CRITICAL feature since I need to constantly open and close the lid, and each time it is closed the network connection is lost. Have used Sleepless in the past which initially did the trick but that stopped working, and InsomniaX isn't consistent either.

• José María Martín LuqueJosé María Martín Luque commented  · 

Please add this! I thought it was possible to use it with the lid closed but it turns out that it is not the case :(

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please please please consider this functionality, I actually downloaded anphetamine to see if that option was available. I like all the other features but that was the main feature I was looking for.

• Phyo ThihaPhyo Thiha commented  · 

I'm not sure how this is possible, but I'm running v3.0.2 and I'm able to close the lid and keep my computer running. I'm writing this response from work while remoting into my home MacBook pro while the lid is closed and amphetamine is running. Is there any explanation for this?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

that would be so great! I also use insomniax and its great but having 2 apps is a little inconvenient.

Feedback and Knowledge Base